This accessory is designed to evaluate the speed of any turntable. The hand-held strobe unit generates a 100 Hz pulsed light source for use with the supplied 180-line stroboscopic disc.
Designed as the perfect partner for the speed adjustable Rega Neo PSU . Simply place the supplied stroboscopic disc directly on the turntable mat. With the player running at 33 , 45 or 78 RPM, hold the strobe LED directly above the lines to evaluate the speed of the turntable.How to use the Rega strobe
Advice for non-adjustable Rega turntables
- With your turntable rotating and the speed set at 33 RPM, place the stroboscopic disc over the record spindle directly onto your turntable mat.
- Hold the strobe approximately 2-3 centimetres from the lines on the disc.
- If the lines freeze and remain stable, this indicates the turntable is running at the correct speed.
- If the lines on the disc are moving slowly clockwise, this indicates the turntable is running fast.
- If the lines on the disc are moving slowly anticlockwise, this indicates the turntable is running slow.
- TIP: To ensure an accurate reading it is recommended to hold a reference point such as a pencil tip near the lines during rotation to easily identify if the lines are stable or rotating.
- If your turntable or power supply are adjustable, you can correct the speed of the turntable until the lines are stable.
If your turntable is not adjustable, first try a new drive belt. Drive belts can stretch over time causing minor speed variations. Notable speed variations are more likely to be mechanical issues. Check the bearing oil in the central hub. If your Rega turntable uses a steel ball bearing, make sure this is present inside the brass bearing housing (not used on RP8 or RP10 ). Please contact your Rega dealer or distributor if you require service or parts.
||9 V - pre-installed
Personal Pickup – Pick up your order at our store of your choice after we confirm your order and product availability FREE
Martin Delivery – Curbside or Garage delivery of appliances $449 or more within our delivery area - FREE
Martin In Home Services - $99 for single unit, $20 each additional.
3 Hour Delivery window with an automatic call ahead when our team is heading your way
No additional charge for second floor installation
Unpacking and disposal of packaging
Basic Installation supplies where applicable (cords, rubber fill hoses, etc.)
Connection of electric stoves, freestanding refrigerators, washers and electric dryers
(Installation of gas, built-in or specialty appliances will be performed by our own professional installation team and will incur additional installation charges)
Testing of appliance and explanation of functions
Recycling of old unit (one for one)
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.